Did you know everything about safety razors?
Safety razors are acknowledged as old-school tools though they are considered secrets to easy and comfortable shaving. The good thing is you can use these razors easily. A cartridge razor too is highly impressive but it hurts the sensitive skin and at times, turns out to be pretty costly. A straight razor looks cool and slick but people find it tough and terrifying to use these razors. In this context, safety razors turn out to be the best choice for people as they give people a better shave.
People love to shave with a safety razor as it lessens skin irritation, ingrown hairs, and shave bumps that are pretty common with electric razors or cartridges. Most people love to use a long handle safety razor as they can have a safe and comfortable grip because of its long handle. The remarkable thing is these safety razors are intended for man-sized handles. Long handles are excellent for shaving those areas that seem hard to reach. A long handle also provides users a highly secure grip.
The kind of razor you must use
When you do a little research you will be able to discover an ideal razor for you. Some considerations that you can make are:
- Closed comb safety razor – This turns into the best razor for people who are new to shaving or when they possess sensitive skin. This razor has several pieces and one of those pieces has got a flat edge and it rides against the user’s skin. When men shave, this flat bar does stretch the skin and aids in proposing a safer shave.
- Open comb safety razor – This razor caters to the highly seasoned wet shavers. Open comb safety razors are pretty different from closed comb safety razors because there isn’t any bar that would stretch the skin. This turns them into a highly aggressive razor. This razor has got little teeth having small gaps, and so, it helps in guiding the hair into the blade of the razor for close shaving. When you have coarse or thick hair then you can think of using an open comb razor because it will do an improved job of cutting your hair in comparison to a closed comb safety razor.
Buying guide of women’s razors
If you are unsure about the razor that you should buy, you can consider some factors mentioned below:
- The comfortability factor – Women should use a razor that would be comfortable in their hands. The razor must have an excellent grip and an ergonomic handle. If a woman is habituated to shaving while taking shower, then she must hunt for textured or rubber handles as these handles never fail in providing a superb grip even when they are wet.
- Closed comb or open comb – The open comb razors turn more beneficial for men but women are required to use closed comb razors. This ensures a gentler and safer sharing experience for women.
- The handle of the razor – Women get hugely benefitted from a safety razor having a long handle. When the razor has a long handle, then it will be easier to shave with it. Again, using these razors, women can reach their ankles better.