Best Double Duty Furniture Ideas to Maximize Your Room Space
If you have a small room space at home, whether it is your bedroom or living room, you likely already know how challenging it is to reorganize interiors. You might have a lot of furniture and home accessories that consume almost all space. And that’s why you should consider some modifications when it comes to interior design. As part of home improvement, you have the option to declutter some unnecessary stuff. Another thing that you can do is to use some “double-duty furniture”. They are home accessories that have a double purpose, saving you more space.
Double-Duty Furniture Ideas to Consider
Using double-duty furniture is one of the best ideas to maximize your room space. Many homeowners consider it because it is cost-effective and allows you to use all the space available in your room. Interior designers also recommend this type of home accessory to individuals who want minimal design at home. If you want to level-up your home interior, then here are some of the best double-duty furniture ideas to try:
- Bed with storage – Even though you clean your room regularly, you may find it messy if you have a lot of things in your place. To be more organized, look for all the storage areas that you can see in your room. See if your bed has storage and if none, then you can customize your bed and add a storage underneath it. It can serve as your cabinet for your clothes or even your shoes.
- Bookshelf as a room divider – If you need a divider at home, then you may use a bookshelf. It saves both space and money. With a bookshelf, you can block off a particular area in your home and create another area. You may also place your essentials in the bookshelf, including books, plants, magazines, and photo frames.
- Desk built as a bookshelf – If you have kids at home, then creating a deck with a bookshelf attached to it is a smart way of saving more space. It is an excellent idea that can give convenience to your kids. They can place their school books and other essentials on the shelf. When studying, they don’t need to go anywhere because their school stuff is already there.
- Dresser as a nightstand/table – To maximize your bedroom space, you may place your small dresser beside the bed. Make sure it is not tall because that’s where your night light will go and you want to be able to turn it on and off easily. Other than being a nightstand, you can also use the dresser as a table. If you are not fond of night lamps, then you can place other decors such as picture frames and indoor plants.
- Giant pillows – Giant pillows are ideal if you have friends who visit you regularly. They provide extra seating, which you can keep when not in use. Giant pillows save space and offer comfortable accommodation. You can also use them as decors around the coffee table or even on your sofa.
- Inflatable lounger – If you want to save even more space, then using an inflatable lounger can be an excellent option. It acts as a chair and a comfy bed, which you can use anytime and anywhere. The advantage of owning an inflatable lounger is the ability to pack it away, its portability, and its versatility. You can place anywhere in your house, wherever you want to relax; use it as a lounger, a couch, or a hammock. You could even use it for outdoor trips. When selecting an inflatable lounger, make sure that it is made of light, durable materials so that you can bring them outdoors.
- Tables with multi-tiers – This type of table gives you extra space where you can keep your small items. The storage below the desk is where you can place your photo albums and magazines. You can also put a few books there so that your guests will have something to read when they visit your house. Try to put some small decors in the tiers of the table such as indoor plants.
- Sleeping bags – Sleeping bags are ideal if you want to take a short nap. They are comfortable to use, which you can also offer to your guests. Like inflatable loungers, you can also keep them in the corner when not in use. Sleeping bags are great space savers which are very practical to use.
- Sofa bed – A sofa bed is one of the most popular double-duty furniture. You can use it as a chair in the morning and bed in the evening. It is an excellent space saver which you can utilize as an extra bed for your guests. A sofa bed allows you to sleep even in the living room or lie down while watching your favourite tv show.
- Storage bench – If you have too many books and you have no shelf space to keep them, then you may place them in a storage bench. It is also a storage for magazines or essential items that you might use in the future. You may set the storage benches in your living room because they can also serve as cozy chairs for visitors. This furniture comes in a variety of colours and shapes. When selecting storage benches, try to choose something that will complement the room interior. You may also look for storage benches that match your home design theme.
From portable loungers that can be used as a chair or bed to storage benches, double-duty furniture is ideal for your home. Aside from saving room space, this equipment are efficient to use. Double-duty furniture are fascinating home accessories that you can use for home improvement.